Stratavault™ represents the sixth generation of structural cell and has been developed and patented globally by Citygreen® Systems. Stratavault builds on the experience gained through trials, projects and collaborations with industry innovators. The main drivers have been the need for lower installation costs, higher strength, reduced transport costs and maintenance of large spaces for root growth and service integration.
- Modules assemble to form an interconnected matrix, so applied loads are shared and lateral strength maximized.
- Increased apertures permit larger conduits, service pipes and aeration systems
- Made from 100% recycled polymers; ensuring maximum environmental benefit & ‘Green Building’ contribution
- Modules ‘snap-together’ incredibly fast, providing super-efficient assembly time on site (records show it takes approx 2 mins/m³!)
- No zip ties, screws or ground spikes required to fasten this system together; again providing super-fast and ‘hassle free’ assembly on site.
- Made in strategic locations in North America and Australia; supporting local industries and complying with green building requirements.
- Modules are designed to nest, giving significant volume reduction, and minimising shipping costs.
- No steel components required for strength; therefore nothing to rust or corrode
- Continuous physical laboratory tests of strength are conducted to ensure integrity of modules and quality assurance. Whilst FEA testing (Finite Element Analysis) is great during the design stages, we prefer to go by real life static and cyclic load testing in laboratories.
Stratavault has been designed to achieve major reductions in installation costs. Units snap together quickly and easily, with labour times being drastically reduced.
Positive and secure connectors are a feature of the Stratavault patented design both vertically and laterally. Stratavault components are simple and fast to click together, producing an integrated matrix.
Volume reduction for freight
Another unique design feature of the Stratavault system is the significant volume reduction for freight. With increasing scrutiny placed on use of fossil fuels and shipping costs, it was decided that this unit must achieve major volume reductions for shipping. The innovative nesting design is protected by worldwide patents and design registration, as are all other design features.
Engineered Design with 100% Recycled Content
The Stratavault is a very highly engineered system that owes much of its incredible strength to a unique design (subject to numerous patents). So strong is this design, that the Stratavault is the world's strongest large soil cell without relying on any steel bars (subject to corrosion), or glass reinforcement, or virgin resins.
This module is 100% stronger than other brand soil cells, and is made entirely from recycled plastic. Due to the emphasis Citygreen places on environmentally sustainable systems, over 700,000kg/700Tonne of plastic are saved from landfill every year.
Ultimate, Proven Strength
Due to ever increasing demands upon designers and planners, to incorporate green infrastructure beneath paved surfaces - Citygreen began developing further options for car parks and roadways. Today, the Stratavault is available in the popular '30 series' with 300kpa/43.5psi Ultimate Load capacity - and also in a '45 series' with 450kpa/65.2psi Ultimate Load capacity. We strongly recommend that specifiers check the Ultimate Load capacity from lab testing, of any product being considered for use beneath pavements. (That is the pressure at which the product fails when crushed in a laboratory. One of the popular US products fails at a pressure of just 21psi)
Stratavault modules are crush tested during manufacture as part of the rigorous quality control standards required by Citygreen. Whilst FEA (Finite Element Analysis) computer load testing was also conducted during the initial design stages to project the loading capacity laterally and vertically, physical laboratory tests were then used to clarify the cells actual loading capabilities.
This physical load testing is part of an ongoing development and research program, and is the only true measure of structural integrity. Stratavault modules are made using 100% recycled resin, and have the highest structural integrity of any large soil cell.
The use of virgin resins in a product for the Green Building Industry has never been a part of the Stratavault development program. Virgin plastics have an unacceptably high level of embodied energy, whereas recycling waste plastic into an engineering grade product starts with a clean sheet as recognized by industry and the Green Building Council.