Arboresin is resin bonded gravel developed to provide a hard wearing, attractive, porous tree pit surface. Loose stones are a nuisance in pedestrian environments and tarmacadam or conventional paving has the effect of an impervious cap over the tree pit.
With a resin bonded gravel surface, stones are bound together and prevented from migrating beyond the tree pit area. Rotary pavement sweepers can easily run over resin bound surfacing without displacing the stones.
- Resin bonded gravel allows free flow of air and water to the root zone
- Will support light vehicular traffic
- A choice of aggregate is available for different applications, please phone our sales line
- Avoids problems associated with loose gravel
- Can be retrofitted around existing trees
- COSHH: Hazard data sheets are supplied with each delivery and should be in operative’s possession
Precast Arboresin is a significant new development from Greenleaf. This system consists of precast resin bound segments that are manufactured off-site in a quality-controlled environment. On-site mixing is no longer required – segments are simply located into our standard 1200mm square DTS tree grille frame.
Cast within each segment is a specially designed, preformed matrix of steel reinforcing rods. These add significant strength, as well as providing a fixing point for the inner ring. Citygreen vertical steel tree guards can then be bolted to this ring. Additionally, cast into one of the precast segments is a Citygreen Arborvent irrigation inlet. This durable cast aluminum inlet is simply connected to a 60mm diameter perforated pipe system surrounding the root ball.
- Simple and clean installation
- Can be installed in cold and damp conditions
- Strong construction to support tree guard
- Resists light vehicle overrun
- Grille is part of our DTS fully integrated system